How Does Customer Advocacy Marketing Drive Business Growth?
In the 21st century, growth means setting yourself apart, where countless others are jostling for elbow space – this is true whether you are an individual professional, a start-up looking for funding, or a well-loved brand in the market.
Customers are not outside of your brand, but at the front and center of your business. When you see them this way, you can leverage their power, influence, and insight, through Customer Advocacy Marketing, instead of simply targeting them for sales. With 90% of customers reading an online review before visiting a business, quality has become the key differentiation for today’s demanding and educated buyers.
Customers are not willing to compromise on quality anymore. They want to know more about the brand and its reputation before acquiring any product or service. This is something we call Yelpification. A phenomenon that got its name from the review platform Yelp where people go to find out peer to peer reviews about their brands of choice.
We live in a world of abundant information and overflowing ads. Interested prospects have easy access to datasheets, feature lists, use cases, and reviews without interacting at all with your team or sometimes even your website. They find about your product on social, they see how it works in a YouTube demo, they hear from existing users in review sites and forums. The higher the price tag is for a given product or service, the more research is needed to justify the investment. We all take our buying habits from home to work and as purchasers for our line of business, we research the same way.
If you have a great product or service to offer, it’s imperative you start thinking of your customers as an extension of your team; a secret weapon that will help you improve product quality, maximize your marketing investment, and fuel new business opportunities.
Brands that tap into their customer advocates learn directly from them how to design and deliver user-friendly, accessible, and delightful products. This naturally drives growth and helps move toward a win-win situation for all.
- Customers know themselves, their needs, and often the needs of an entire vertical best. Tapping into their knowledge instead of just building avatars.
- Your most satisfied customers are power users that know your product by heart. They also know what does not work as expected and what can be improved.
- Leverage customer feedback to make better products and provide faster services, thus increasing delight.
- Capture customer delight to drive brand awareness and close even more sales.
Having happy customers advocating for the product/service they love is much more effective than any other strategy your sales team might embrace to unlock your business’s unlimited potential.
Key takeaways on how customer advocacy marketing drives business growth:
- Unlike traditional intrusive marketing strategies, customer feedback weighs more in the eyes of prospects and future clients.
- A satisfied customer that interacts with your product every daily always offer better feedback that your marketing team could ever brainstorm.
- Capturing and making use of the customers’ experiences is an easy and inexpensive method to power up your sales, marketing and product innovation.
Related Knowledge-Base Articles:
Customer advocacy marketing services can boost your program with strategy, reference recruitment, requests fulfillment, and content creation
Customer advocacy marketing agencies are like a Hollywood talent agent but helping technology deployment rock stars make the most of being in the programs.
While it is primarily used to push content, social media has other powerful uses as well. Customer advocates boost your brand with positive conversations about your products and services. They support your development with feedback to polls and survey you put out. And they can create buzz around a feature launch, a big corporate event or even a small user group gathering.