- ADVOCACY MAVEN OU, Reg: 14041037, VAT: EE101879240 and
- BRAND ADVOCACY EXPERTS OU, Reg: 14052687 | VAT: EE101879457,
Both entities are located in Sepapaja 6, 15551, Tallinn, Estonia (hereinafter jointly refered to as “Advocacy Maven”. Our website address is: https://advocacymaven.com. We develop marketing content and marketing programs (hereinafter “Service”) for business customers (hereinafter “Customer”).
Personal data (hereinafter “Personal Data”) as used in information security and privacy laws are personally identifiable information (PII) or sensitive personal information (SPI) that – on its own or in combination with other data – can enable an individual to be identified, contacted, or located.
Advocacy Maven informs its customers here about the Personal Data being collected, the purposes of such collection, the requirements for data retention, and the rights related to the processing of Personal Data.
If the Customer does not agree with any or all terms of this policy or any possible changes to it, the Customer should immediately cease using the services provided by Advocacy Maven and inform Advocacy Maven about such a step.
These terms of service (“Terms of Service”) govern your use of Advocacy Maven websites, services and applications (the “Services”). By using or accessing the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 12 below. There may be instances when we offer additional terms specific to a product, application or service. To the extent such additional terms conflict with these Terms of Service, the additional terms associated with the product, application or service, with respect to your use of the product, application or service, will prevail. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean Advocacy Maven.
1. Using the services
Some Services may allow you to:
- Add your own original content or post your content in blog or user comment areas (“Your Content”). Remember that all information that is disclosed in blog, comment or other public areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to share any of your personal information as part of Your Content
- Use the Services as modified with Your Content
- Arrange for third parties to have access to Your Content subject to these Terms of Service
By submitting Your Content to the Services, you hereby grant Advocacy Maven a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, distribute, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, perform and display Your Content in connection with the Services and Advocacy Maven’s business, including without limitation for promoting the Services, in all media now known or hereafter devised through any media channels. You acknowledge that use of the Services is for your personal use only.
Except as expressly permitted herein, you shall not:
- Access the Services by any means other than instructions provided by Advocacy Maven
- Use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose
- Share with any third party any access codes or account information, including without limitation your username and password that you may create or Advocacy Maven may provide in connection with the Services
And/Or upload, post or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content that:
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, discriminatory, sexually oriented or tortious;
- Infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- Constitutes the selling or trading of any merchandise;
- Constitutes the soliciting for advertisers/sponsors; conducting contests/raffles; displaying advertising/sponsorship art; promoting, soliciting or participating in chain letters or marketing/pyramid schemes;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
- Contains links to sites that violate these Terms of Service, such as pornographic sites, defamatory sites, and so on; or
- Impersonates any person or entity.
We generally do not pre-screen, monitor or edit the content posted by users of the Services. However, we have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, in our judgment, does not comply with the foregoing or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. We are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.
You are responsible for all activity that occurs under your account and you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your access codes and account information. You must notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your access codes or account information.
All rights (including without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, patents and trade secrets) in the Services and the content contained therein, other than Your Content, (“Advocacy Maven Content”) are and will remain the sole and exclusive property of Advocacy Maven and/or its licensors. No title to or ownership of any portion of the Services, the Advocacy Maven Content or any other products or services manufactured, sold and/or distributed or otherwise made available by Advocacy Maven, or any proprietary rights related to those products/services, is or will be transferred pursuant to or by virtue of this agreement. Advocacy Maven hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, nonsublicensable, revocable license to display and reproduce the Advocacy Maven Content (other than software code) solely for your personal use in connection with using the Services in accordance with these Terms of Service.
You may from time to time provide Advocacy Maven with suggestions, ideas or other feedback regarding the Services (“Feedback”). Both parties agree that Advocacy Maven shall own such Feedback and is entitled, but not obligated, to use, develop and exploit it in any manner, without restriction or duty to compensate or seek permission from you.
4. Term and termination
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the Services, with or without notice.
Upon termination, all rights granted to you in these Terms of Service will immediately cease.
To the extent that you have a subscription that extends beyond termination of these Terms of Service, unless such termination is due to your breach, the subscription shall remain in force for the period set forth in the subscription’s terms or subscription order.
Any provision of these Terms of Service that expressly or by implication is intended to continue in force after termination or expiration of these Terms of Service will survive.
5. Personal Data Collected
Advocacy Maven processes the following data about the Customer:
- Customer’s business address;
- Customer’s tax identification code and VAT code (if applicable);
- Surname and given name, gender, LinkedIn profile, business email, and business phone number of the customer’s contact person(s);
- Customer’s correspondence with Advocacy Maven;
- Customer’s inquiries submitted via the website, email, social media, or chat;
- Customer’s activity logs.
6. Purposes of Collecting and Processing Your Personal Data
Personal Data collected by Advocacy Maven are processed for the purposes established in the law or as described herein, limited to the following purposes:
- to provide Advocacy Maven’s Service;
- to manage, analyze, and improve Advocacy Maven’s Service;
- to personalize Advocacy Maven’s Service and the content provided to you;
- to provide customer service, address technical or legal issues related to the Service provided, and/or share updates and notifications about the Service;
- to comply with anti-money laundering requirements and combat fraud.
Advocacy Maven shall not use Personal Data for any other purpose incompatible with the purposes outlined above or required, permitted, or authorized by law.
7. Transfer of Personal Data
Advocacy Maven does not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties any personally identifiable information.
This does not include trusted third parties or subcontractors who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you. Such trusted parties may have access to personally identifiable information on a need-to-know basis and will be contractually obliged to keep your information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. Furthermore, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
8. Security of Personal Data
Advocacy Maven takes appropriate legal, organizational, and technical measures to protect Personal Data consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. Advocacy Maven applies security measures to protect Personal Data from involuntary or unauthorized processing, disclosure or destruction.
9. Integrity and Retention of Personal Data
Advocacy Maven will retain Personal Data for the period required or permitted by applicable law, but no longer than is reasonably necessary to achieve the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected.
Advocacy Maven takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data are reliable for its intended use, accurate, and complete as necessary to carry out the purposes described herein.
10. Customer’s Rights Related to the Collection of Personal Data
The Customer has the right to:
- Receive his/her Personal Data in a structured format;
- Request access and/or corrections to his/her Personal Data;
- Have his/her Personal Data erased, removed, and/or transferred from Advocacy Maven’s active database in line with provisions of applicable regulations;
- Request restriction of processing of his/her Personal Data;
- Raise concerns about the handling of his/her Personal Data to Advocacy Maven;
- Withdraw his/her consent to the processing of personal data.
To exercise any rights referred to herein the Customer is required to submit a written application to Advocacy Maven by email or postal mail. Advocacy Maven has the right to reject this application by justifying the reasons for the refusal. If the Customer considers that rights have been infringed, the Customer is entitled to lodge a complaint with the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate.
The collection of certain Personal Data referred to herein may be required under the law and/or be essential for the provision of service to the Customer. Failure to provide data may result in adverse consequences, such as Advocacy Maven’s inability to comply with legal obligations.
11. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Store authentication information and protect Personal Data from third parties;
- Personalize Advocacy Maven’s Service, remember the Customer’s choices within Advocacy Maven’s website, and save the Customer’s preferences for future website visits;
- Provide customized advertisements, content, and information;
- Track the Customer’s entries, submissions, and status in promotional or other activities;
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Advocacy Maven’s Service;
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences.
Cookies are text files that a website or its service provider transfers to the Customer’s computer hard drive through their website browser (if allowed by the Customer) that enables the website’s or service provider’s systems to recognize the Customer’s browser and capture and remember certain information. Advocacy Maven’s website uses first-party and third-party cookies.
Advocacy Maven may use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) to help measure traffic and usage trends for optimizing the user experience on Advocacy Maven’s website. Internet service providers analyze the usage of the Advocacy Maven website and services so that Advocacy Maven can improve and modify its website and the functions thereof.
The Customer can delete or block cookies through his/her browser settings at any time. However, some cookies may be necessary for the functionality of Advocacy Maven’s website. The Customer understands that if he/she blocks or deletes Advocacy Maven’s cookies, some website features may not function correctly.
For more information about cookies please visit https://allaboutcookies.org.
12. Google Analytics and Ads
Advocacy Maven has implemented the following Google Analytics features:
– Google Display Network Impression Reporting;
– Demographics and Interests Reporting.
Advocacy Maven along with third-party vendors such as Google uses first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to compile data regarding Customer interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to Advocacy Mavens website.
Advocacy Maven uses Google Analytics to measure and evaluate access to and traffic on Advocacy Maven’s website and create user navigation reports for Advocacy Maven’s website administrator.
Advocacy Maven takes measures to protect the technical information collected by Google Analytics. The data collected will only be used on a need-to-know basis to resolve technical issues, administer the website, and identify visitor preferences.
The Customer can set preferences for how Google advertises to him/her using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, the Customer can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt-out page or by permanently using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add-on.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The processing of your data is either based on your consent or in case the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, cf. GDPR art. 6(1)(a)-(b).
If the processing is based on your consent, you may at any time withdraw your consent by contacting us using the contact information in this policy.
In order to enter into a contract regarding the purchase of Advocacy maven services, you must provide us with the required personal data. If you do not to provide us with all the required information, it will not be possible to deliver the Service.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our website may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their account and navigating to the “profile page”.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Advocacy Maven is in compliance with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. We will not intentionally collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed at people who are at least 13 years old or older.
If the Customer receives commercial emails from Advocacy Maven, he/she may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or by sending an email to email@example.com.